Monday, January 11, 2010

Do you still make Wishes?

Funny, I find myself still making wishes. All grown up, pushing 50 and I still make a secret wish to myself now and then. Is that childish or do we all still do it?

If we do, what makes us continue with this practice? Is it because that's just how we were raised? The ole blow out the candle and make a wish thing? The throw a coin in a Fountain and make a wish thing?

I thought I was passed all that but apparently not. I caught myself today doing it and I stopped myself. Not sure why I stopped, but I think it had to do with this maturity thing.

I gotta tell ya I don't feel 50. Now if you asked my Body and my Bones, they would disagree with my brain. My brain just can't comprehend 50 and acting ONLY in a certain way.

I want to stay young in my mind. I can't help the body, but I sure can control my mind.

As I approach that age we all fear, I think about this more and more. I don't want to change, not because I want to try to delay the inevitable, but because why should I just STOP feeling young?

Does 50 mean, no laughing, no acting silly, no more pranks or bad jokes? Does 50 mean no more wishes, or dreams? Does 50 mean we must change ourselves to conform to what everyone else thinks a 50 year old should be?

Maybe I never grew up, so what? I am not going to stop and just lay down and die.

Life is not over for me, it is just beginning. I see things in a whole new light. I understand things better. I am compassionate, passionate, educated, creative, quick as a whip and funny as hell.

Nope I ain't gonna do it, I ain't growing up. Stomps foot.

Anyway I promised to show you some digital photoshopped pictures, only I never got around to them. So that must wait.

Off to send some beads to the Netherlands, walk the dogs, then once again Movie for one...and yes at nearly 50 I am okay with that too.

Diana

1 comment:

ShellyD said...

Life begins at 50!! I say let your inner child free and enjoy life.

Hugs

Mich